Medicare Part B
There seems to be a lot of confusion with the "Medicare Annual Exams" and we want to encourage you to research your agreement with your insurance to confirm what is and what is not covered by your insurance.
We understand that some Medicare Advantage Plans like GroupHealth and Regence have recently changed the type of annual exam they cover, so please check your agreement.
Medicare summarizes the preventative exams they cover here.
- The Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) is covered ONCE per year (366 days since your last wellness visit)
- These are PREVENTATIVE visits only
- These do NOT include physical exams
- These do NOT include discussing your current health issues
- If you ask questions about acute health issues during your Annual Wellness Visit, it will have to be billed accordingly. That is why it is important for individuals to understand what their insurance offers.
- When you call to make this appointment, it's important for you to request a "Welcome To Medicare" or an "Annual Wellness Exam" because we offer other annual exams which some patients willingly pay for out of pocket. We are not sure what your insurance covers and we are unsure what you're willing to pay out of pocket so please be sure you are requesting the exact exam type you want.
- "Complete Physical Exams" are not covered under Medicare. Please check with your insurance to confirm.